• Motors
  • Pumps
  • Fans
  • Controls
You are here: Our History

Our History

Started in 1927

Lange Electric was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1927 by John R. Lange. In 1958, the operation moved to a 5,000 square foot building in Waverly, which was designed and built by John Lange, a step-up for the growing company at the time.

Over the next 30 years John’s son Bob Lange led the company into new areas that included pump repair and machine work, field service and a strong emphasis on replacement equipment. The company added new equipment, capabilities, employees, inventory and product lines. It wasn’t long before the “new” building became unsuitable for the larger equipment Lange Electric sold and serviced.

In February of 1996, Lange found its current 16,000 square foot location – conveniently located and spacious enough to house the equipment necessary to serve our clients best.

Today, Lange continues to acquire the equipment, inventory and personnel to keep them at the top of the electric motor, pump and control industry in the area.

For more information, call us at 410-644-3500.